Welcome to Schoology
I am excited to share that students, families, and teachers throughout FCPS and in our school community will use Schoology (pronounced /SKOO-luh-jee/) as our learning management system beginning Summer/Fall 2021.
Here is what you need to know now:
- Starting in July 2021, we will not use Blackboard 24-7 Learning or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU)
- Schoology has a connected web conferencing tool, Zoom
- Schoology works with Google Drive
- You need a SIS/ParentVUE account to login to Schoology: http://bit.ly/FCPSSIS
- You can learn more about Schoology: https://www.fcps.edu/schoology
- Parent accounts will be available in mid-August
- Information about how to login to parent accounts will be shared with you closer to the start of the school year
- Students will have a Schoology account by June 18, 2021
- Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts
Students use their FCPS student ID and password to login to Schoology: https://lms.fcps.edu. Look for the FCPS logo to make sure you are on the correct login page.
Schoology is a learning space that enhances communication, collaboration, and personalized learning for students, teachers, and families. As a parent or guardian, you will be able to use Schoology to view:
- your child's class
- your child’s assignments and participation
- your child’s calendar
- teacher comments, scores, and feedback
We are asking that you:
- Make sure you have registered for a SIS/ParentVUE account: http://bit.ly/FCPSSIS
- Learn more about Schoology: https://www.fcps.edu/schoology
- Look for the next communication about how to login to Schoology
We look forward to using Schoology along with your SIS/ParentVUE account.
Schoology Snippets for Parents and Students