Submit an absence using our attendance form below or by calling 703-426-5702.
Parents/guardians may submit the below form for one student. If a parent/guardian has more than one student at Frost who will be absent, a separate form must be submitted for each student. Attendance form absences can be submitted for one day or for consecutive days. For non-consecutive multiple day absences, a separate form submission must be completed.
- Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today
- Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
FCPS staff will be responsible for contacting those parents/guardians who have not provided information as to why their student is absent. FCPS staff will also provide the school health team with information regarding any student that has remained home due to the above COVID like illness symptoms.
Note: This form is not a request for homework. Parents can request homework from the Student Services office when the student has been absent for 3 or more consecutive days. Please call the Student Services office at 703-426-5026 and request homework. Our Student Services Assistant will contact the teachers for homework. Homework can be picked up in the Student Services office after 2:30 p.m.